COVID-19 Update: Consultations are available by video through Zoom, phone, and in person. Contact us today.
(203) 615-0090

Any auto accident has the potential to inflict catastrophic injuries upon all persons involved. In the case of a front-end car accident where two cars impact in a head-on collision, the injury risk is even higher. Individuals who are involved in a front-end car accident may suffer life-altering personal injuries ranging from brain trauma, spinal cord damage, and nerve damage to neck injuries, internal injuries, broken bones, and muscle tears. If you have suffered injuries in this type of motor vehicle crash, you should speak with a Norwalk front-end car accident lawyer to discuss whether you could be entitled to legal damages.

A committed personal injury attorney could staunchly defend your interests and fight for the compensation you deserve. A lawyer could handle the entire case investigation, collect supporting evidence, and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf for the full and fair amount of your injury claim so you can focus on moving toward the future.

The Most Common Ways Front-End Car Crashes Occur

Front-end car crashes can occur for a number of reasons, with failure to yield, failure to comply with traffic signs and signals, distracted driving among the leading causes of these types of wrecks. Another common way front-end car collision happen is when motorists are driving on a two-lane highway and a driver migrates into the opposite lane, crashing into oncoming traffic.
Other frequent causes of front-end auto wrecks include drunk driving, driving under the influence of drugs, aggressive driving, reckless driving, and speeding.

A front-end car collision attorney in Norwalk could review all available evidence such as traffic surveillance footage, accident reports made by law enforcement, eye-witness statements, and other pertinent information to substantiate the victim’s claim for compensation. If another person’s negligent or careless driving caused the wreck, a skilled attorney would work tirelessly to hold them liable for the victim’s injury damages.

Getting a Case Started

Personal injury cases in Norwalk are subject to a strict statute of limitations. This means that if a case is not started by a certain date, the victim would lose their right to pursue compensatory damages for their injuries.

Pursuant to Connecticut General Statutes § 52-584, front-end car accident victims have just two years from the date of the wreck to file a lawsuit seeking damages. It is critical that an injured victim talk with a Norwalk lawyer as soon as possible after a front-end car crash. An attorney could help the injured individual fully understand their legal rights, discuss whether they may qualify for damages, and ensure they get their case filed on time.

Comparative Negligence and Financial Compensation

Connecticut’s comparative negligence statute, found under Conn. Gen. Stat. § 52-572h, allows accident victims to collect compensation even when they are partially to blame for their own damages. If the court assigns the victim a percentage of negligence, however, this would lessen their financial award.

For example, if the court decides that the injured person was 40 percent negligent in the front-end wreck, they would still be entitled to the remaining 60 percent of their compensatory damages. With that being said, if the victim’s percentage of negligence is 51 percent or higher, they would be entitled to zero compensation.

Contact a Norwalk Front-End Car Accident Attorney for Your Confidential Case Evaluation

If you have questions about your accident and believe you could be entitled to compensation, it is wise to speak with an attorney. A tough, legitimate, and credible Norwalk front-end car accident lawyer with tested aggressive tactics could provide an initial review of your potential to determine whether you are owed damages for your losses.

Call now to set up your confidential case evaluation and to discuss what legal action may be possible.